- Establish the agendas for meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Preside over meetings of the Membership and the Board of Directors.
- Conduct the business affairs of the Corporation and carry out policy as established by the Board of Directors.
- Enter into contracts on behalf of the Corporation, including loans, as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Appoint members to each Standing Committee and Ad Hoc Committee, subject to approval of the Board of
- With the Treasurer, be one (1) of the two (2) signatories for all checks of the Corporation.
- Delegate such duties and powers as seen fit to the Vice-President.
- Once elected to the board, attend board meetings in a non-voting capacity until term begins June 1.
- At the first meeting of the new board, Officers are elected and approved by the Board. Committee chairs are
appointed at the same meeting for each Committee as outlined in the Bylaws.
- President follows Roberts Rules of Order to preside over meetings.
- President organizes a committee of at least 3 (one being the Treasurer) to negotiate building lease bi-annually
with Shawano County.
- Reasons for removal of members of the Board of Directors include: 4 absences within the fiscal year or good
cause determined by the board.
- President - when filling vacancies on the Board, look for those with one season of experience with the league
- Ensure WAHA fees and updates are addressed at the start of the board year.
- Serve as a member of the WIAA committee or if have a current high school skater, appoint an Officer to fill that
- Maintain relationship to high school athletic director.
- In the event of a death of a league immediate family member, the board at its discretion may make a donation
to the memorial fund.
- Maintain Crawford Center key inventory and distribution.